We are committed to caring for and supporting our communities, as we have done for the past 45 years. Our current focus is healthcare, an area where we believe our resources can be most beneficial to you.
Our community commitment also includes taking an active role in many local foundations, associations and institutions. These include:
- Surrey Memorial Hospital Foundation: Jacy Wingson is past president and a member of the Board of Directors. This year McQuarrie Hunter announced a commitment to donate $50,000.
- Royal Columbian Hospital Foundation: David Worthington is on the Board of Directors and Wade Winkler is co-chair of the Gala Committee. Our firm makes annual donations to the Foundation and sponsors various Foundation activities.
- Hyack Festival Association: Former partner Rick Molstad has been closely involved for many years, and we continue to support the Hyack Festival.
- Royal City Rotary Club: We sponsor the McQuarrie Hunter Pot of Gold Charity Golf Tournament every September.
- Kinsmen Surrey Place Lodge, which has served our seniors since 1975: Our donation this year went to the purchase of medical bed lifts.
- Simon Fraser University: In 2010 we made a donation toward helping fund the Diwali Celebration.
- Surrey School District #36 and New Westminster Secondary School: We give scholarships of $500 each to select graduating secondary school students.
We enjoy being part of our community, and you'll find that our lawyers are personally engaged in many worthy causes. We also encourage and support our staff in participating in worthwhile organizations and activities.
Our lawyers give back to the profession, too. Whether it's the Law Foundation, Law Society, Canadian Bar Association, New Westminster Bar Association, Courthouse Libraries BC, Continuing Legal Education Society of BC, Canadian Association of Black Lawyers, Mediate BC or the BC Human Resources Management Association, we endeavour to make a positive contribution to each of these organizations.